- Governor Sisolak and Nevada Department of Education State Superintendent Ebert have declared that schools are to remain closed until April 16, 2020 so as today, we look forward to seeing our students return on Thursday, April 16, 2020. We continue to monitor this and will keep you updated if this return date changes.
- We recently submitted our plan to the Department of Education for these remote learning days and have been assured that these days do indeed count toward the 180 days of instruction as mandated annually by the state of Nevada. Among other things, this plan described mode of instruction, weekly schedule, and the tracking of attendance.
- By clicking here you can access a webpage that has current information on all coronavirus communications and updates.
- You can check the status of upcoming school events and trips by clicking here.
- We continue to keep the school office open with essential personnel each school day from 8 am until 3:30 pm. A directory of all employees and their email addresses can be found by clicking here.
This is a list of all the events on the Faith Lutheran MS & HS calendar and the status of the event. Please contact your program director, coach, or the school office if you have additional questions or concerns regarding the cancellation or postponing of each individual event. This list is subject to change. Updated as of 4/1/2020
At Faith Lutheran, we encourage students to connect their art to other disciplines as well as use it to have a positive impact on the world around them. Visual art classes like studio art, printmaking, sculpting, and fine crafts and 3D arts are available in the middle school and high school.
March 16, 2020-Health UPdate
- Our faculty and staff were blessed to begin our day with Dr. Shadaba Asad, the Medical Director for infectious diseases at UMC. She graciously provided an hour for a presentation on this newest coronavirus and Q & A.
- The Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association (NIAA) has required that schools are not to compete in games or contests, conduct practices, hold meetings, or allow any school facilities to be used by any NIAA athlete or coach until further notice. All middle school sports are following that same directive and are postponed until further notice.
- All school activities are postponed until further notice including clubs, arts, and student life events. Beginning March 18, school events that are officially cancelled will be listed on our website. Rest assured, our campus is safe and clean; we are hoping that the mitigation strategies we are taking at Faith Lutheran will help slow the further spread of this virus.
- The Shield Store on campus is closed until students return.
- The Thrift Store on Rainbow is currently open.
- Beginning Wednesday, March 18, school office hours will be from 8 am until 3:30 pm.
- All coronavirus communication and updates can be found by clicking here.