Update from March 12th, 5:00 PM
Dear Faith Family,
As promised, we are providing updates to you as they develop. We meet and discuss daily and continue to monitor the insights and opinions of health professionals. Today’s meeting has prompted some changes:
- Students will not have school on Monday, March 16. We will use Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17 (already scheduled as a day off for professional development) to allow all teachers two full days of additional training for the possibility of online instruction. Practices may be held on March 16 and 17. Check with your coach or advisor to verify your practice.
- Students return on Wednesday, March 18. On Wednesday and Thursday, March 19, we plan to help train our students on their devices should we have a need to go fully online. When we return on Wednesday March 18, it will be the scheduled maroon day; we will simply lose the gold day currently scheduled for Monday, March 16 and not make that day up.
- Effective immediately, all overnight trips are suspended until at least April 14, 2020.
- All middle school and high school athletic games are suspended immediately until further notice. You may have seen earlier today that the Clark County School District (CCSD) has suspended all after school activities until further notice; most of our high school opponents are from the CCSD.
- Athletic practices and musical rehearsals will continue as long as school is in session on campus. Coaches/Directors will communicate days and times of practices. If we move to an online format, we will re-evaluate that procedure.
Some General Reminders
- If your child(ren) is/are sick, please keep them home. We have policies in place which allow them to make up their missed tests/assignments for full credit. This is outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- There are no confirmed cases of the COVID-19 virus among any of our faculty, staff, and students. If you are uncomfortable sending your child(ren) to school or if they get a prolonged illness, we are prepared to make exceptions to our absence policy on a case by case basis. Please talk to your principal should your child(ren) exceed ten absences in a class this semester.
- We ask that you communicate any possible exposure or diagnosis to our health office.
Please click here to take a brief survey on your Easter break travel plans. This data will greatly help us as we return from Easter break (April 6-13).
As you know, this pandemic is a moving target, and our plan may change daily. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this complex issue.
These are anxious times for some in the Faith Family. I’m encouraged by the words of the prophet Isaiah in chapter 41:10: “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
God’s richest blessings,
Steven J. Buuck, Ph.D.
Chief Executive Officer