ADMISSIONS OFFICE DURING SCHOOL CLOSURE
Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School is carefully monitoring the current and most relevant information related to the spread of the coronavirus in the US and Las Vegas. Our first priority is always the health and safety of students and families. During our school closure, the Admissions office is still open and running and will utilize phone and video meeting platforms. As the situation changes, we will continue to update families and serve to the best of our ability.
- All shadow days that have been previously scheduled until the end of April have been cancelled.
- Campus Tours
- Campus tours are cancelled until further notice. View our flyover video to see our facilities! https://youtu.be/Zce5aXwxd_c
- Interviews and admissions meetings
- All interviews will be done by phone or video chat using platforms such as Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, or Google Hangouts. If you would like to schedule a video meeting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The March 28th Admissions exam and the April 28th Math Retest have been cancelled
- At this time, open student applications will be evaluated based on grades, standardized test scores, recommendations, and the interview. The interview is still required and can be scheduled through your checklist once all supporting documents are turned in. The admissions office reserves the right to request applicants to take the admissions exam at a later time if academic standards are not met based on current grades and standardized test scores. The required Math Placement Test and optional Math Retest will be scheduled for a later date in May.
- New Family Welcome Night for enrolled families that is currently scheduled for April 22nd is cancelled at this point in time and will be rescheduled at a later date in May.
- Financial Aid Update
- We are extending the deadline for filing financial aid applications for the 2020/2021 school year from April 1st to May 1st. While we recommend applications are completed as soon as possible, we hope this extension will allow more time for those who are experiencing on-going unexpected financial changes in their households.
- Notices for families who apply by April 1st and qualify for aid will go still go out by May 15th. Notices for families who apply between April 1st - May 1st will go out by June 15th.
- We will still require 2019 tax returns to be attached to aid applications before distributing funds, however, if the application is completed by May 1st it will be considered "on time" and tax returns can be attached at a later date.
- If your 2020 income is expected to be different than what is shown on your 2019 tax return, please be sure to mark "yes" to the question on the application and enter a brief explanation so that any needed adjustments can be made.
We look forward to continuing to serve our prospective families. Please email us your questions and concerns at email@example.com. We are here to help! Stay safe and healthy.
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
Your Admissions Team,
Director of Admissions
2015 S. Hualapai Way, Las Vegas, NV 89117
OFFICE 702-804-4413 | FAX 702-562-7728
Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School
Everyone Prepared! Everyone Saved!