Good afternoon, Faith Family,
Several new developments to share with you:
- The ill person from the Faith Family was seen at UMC this morning and was fully tested. That person has been diagnosed with the common cold.
- Several of us were also at UMC this morning meeting with the CEO Mason VanHouweling and Dr. Shadaba Asad, the Medical Director of Infectious Diseases. We cannot thank these two enough; they are professional, wise, and extremely valuable to our planning. Our discussions with Dr. Asad were very reassuring to us with the measures we have been taking. She stressed:
- If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath, stay home; cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue away; clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- You can help to protect yourself by avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands; wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (if soap and water are not available, use alcohol based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol); and by avoiding close and prolonged contact with people who are sick.
- Our campus is perfectly safe and clean. We continue to clean every surface every day with a hospital-grade disinfectant while continuing to use an extra measure of precaution by using a new technique called EvaClean Electrostatic Daycare Sanitation.
- Given that several other states in this country are already mandating online schooling, we are taking a proactive stance in case that requirement comes to Nevada. We are going to deliver instruction online for all grades (6-12) from Wednesday, March 18, 2020 until Friday, March 27, 2020. Students will not be on campus. All classes will be done online.
- Each Wednesday, beginning on March 25 we will determine if we are extending our online learning for another week to allow you time to plan for the upcoming week. A team of academic leaders has been been working all day to get ready for our teachers on Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17. Again, online instruction will begin Wednesday, March 18. Students will not be on campus from March 16th-March 27th.
- To clarify, all after school activities, practices, rehearsals, etc. are suspended until further notice.
Again, thank you for your patience and understanding as we together navigate these unchartered waters.
God’s richest blessings,
Steven J Buuck, Chief Executive Officer
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose.